These are my photos of my final pieces. In order to make these, I first cut the wood down to the appropriate size. I decided to make the images different sizes to add interest and eliminate ‘dead space’.
I knew that there was a high possibility that some of the ink would be rubbed off in the process of removing the paper so I decided to sand the edges of each photo down slightly to give them a distressed look. I like this effect because you can see the raw wood & it appears as though the images have been painted onto the wood.
As you can see in this side view of the porridge transfer, The wood warped a little bit when it got wet. This was to be expected really, but it’s not very noticeable and won’t effect how I will hang my images.