I’ve been experimenting with making my photographs look slightly more ethereal/unreal. I used photoshop to alter my images in different ways.
1. Made it brighter & made it slightly more magenta toned.
2. I wanted to soften the edges to make it look more like a book illustration.
3. Here I have made a slight difference by making the photo more red toned.
4. I applied the filter ‘Angled Strokes’
5. I altered the colour levels on photo 2 to give it a more natural feel.
6. I applied the ‘Halftone Pattern’ Filter with the colours white & blue. I like this effect but you can’t tell it is little red riding hood anymore.
From these edits, my most successful is image number five; the red is vibrant , I like the higher contrast and natural colours.